Monday, April 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

You never really know how much you miss it till your home again. We got back Saturday night around 9 and we were so happy! I was just happy to be back in a place where the signs are in English and the menu's are in english. I think the biggest joke while we were there were the stop signs....which I still argue are not stop signs....at least not if I had been driving. They are red but they don't say stop. They say, "ARRET." Thank goodness I wasn't driving...of course nobody there stops for them either....they have so many that most everybody does a rolling stop. It was very different. Anyway, It is nice to be home. I tried to post our pictures again but it still would not let me so I don't know what the deal is there but I will try again in a little bit. We really did have a wonderful time. The only snow we got to see were the HUGE piles that had been scraped in the parking lots and they were covered with dirt and salt and who knows what. But I still got to taste snow that was covered in fresh and hot maple syrup. That is probably the highlight of our trip. We went to the Sugar House (don't ask me the french name...I couldn't tell you) and it is there country style restaurant. The food was wonderful and for dessert they bring you sugar pie with a side of ice cream or crepes with maple syrup...so you get good and sugared up inside the restaurant and then you head out to this other building where they make home made maple syrup and they have these truff set up that have snow packed into them and this guy gets a pot with maple syrup and pours you a line on the snow and then you take a popsicle stick and start and one end and just start rolling and you make a lollipop from it and it is sooooooooooo good. Needless to say I was in sugar shock by the time we left!

And we will continue to be in sugar shock. We brought back with us 2 and 1/2 boxes FULL of chocolate. I know...we have chocolate here but not like this. They have different kinds that we don't have and it is GOOD! The suitcase we had them in when we got to the airport was the heaviest one and I had to take 7 pounds of stuff out of it so that it met the weight limit. Never realized how heavy chocolate was. But we and the chocolate made it back safe and sound. I can't believe that our trip has come and gone and I am now sitting at work. How many days till Summer vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment